I suggest you ...

Google Drive Integration

Would love to attach files from and post meeting notes to our company's Google Drive.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    desire.greenedesire.greene shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bradley SmithBradley Smith commented  · 

I vote for this feature. Asana has it (Cloud task management) and it also links to Dropbox and others.

• FranckFranck commented  · 

Hello…

For the attach part, yes a file picker would be nice, because as far as pasting the link to the doc : you need to go to your drive, find the file, OPEN the file, go to share, select the link, copy it, go back to DO.com and paste it.
        File picker, click attached, select from Drive, search document, click Choose. And your done.
        4 steps instead of 8 !!!
        So yes much more efficient and easy… plus as you said, pasting feels like a workaround instead of a feature.

Thanks in advance,

Franck

• Vincent CiaravinoVincent Ciaravino commented  · 

Google Drive integration is something I'd really like. My goal is to store/access everything in Google Drive, since it's a great place to store/access docs, presentations and spreadsheets (not just notes).

If I had a magic wand...
        - I'd be able to save an individual meeting to Google Drive (much like you save a file to Google Drive from Gmail)
        - The meeting would create a Google doc
        - The Google doc has a link back to my meeting in Do at the bottom (less important for when I go back)
        - The Google doc has attendee names/emails at the bottom (less important for when I go back)
        - The Google doc has very light formatting - maybe just formatting the agenda items as headings
        - The Google doc is intelligently organized with as little clutter as possible (or I'll end up not actually using it :()

• Jason ShahAdminJason Shah (CEO, Do) commented  · 

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

So it sounds like the ability to 1. attach 2. export - is there something else?

For the former, we get the attaching part - you could just add a link to the document manually inside of Do though for now. Is there a reason why that's a poor workaround, or is it just not as easy as navigating a file picker for Drive inside of Do?

For export, that makes sense and this could work like our Export to Evernote. Would you want to pick where it goes, have a separate/automatic Do notebook, or something else?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree completely-this would be a game changer

Feedback and Knowledge Base